Rotisserie pork with the Buschbeck Grill Spit
Rotisserie BBQ pork
Extra crispy and extra tasty! An extra large pork souvlaki slow roasted on a spit in the Buschbeck charcoal bbq grill.
For the marinade
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsps of olive oil and 3 water
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and freshly ground pepper
For the roasted Pork
- 800g pork (shoulder cut’s) fat is around the meat and this fat melts away as the meat is cooked…leaving you with tender, succulent meat. Cut into large pieces (about the size of your palm)
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- In a large bowl, add your grated onion, garlic, paprika, oregano, mustard, olive oil salt and pepper and stir to mix. Now place the pork chucks in the marinade and toss until well-coated. Cover and place in your fridge overnight.
- The next day, prepare your Buschbeck bbq grill. You’re looking for a medium heat (be able to count to 7 when placing your hands over the embers).
- Take your marinated pork meat out of the fridge and allow to return to room temperature. Skewer the meat onto the spit one pork chunk one slice of (onion, tomato, green pepper) repeatedly and secure your meat at each end of the grill spit. Season the meat with some coarse sea salt and place over the heat.
- After about 1 hour, you’ll begin to slice-off some of the outer layer of meat.
- Continue to slice-off meat as the pork cooks, squeeze some lemon juice on the meat and enjoy!!!